We got home from our Winnipeg vacation a couple of hours ago, and I’m glad to be back. We had an amazing trip! Left early Thursday morning and drove straight through, pulling into Jonathan’s aunt and uncle’s place at around 5:30 Manitoba time. The kids did great, watching a couple of movies and listening to lots of Odyssey CD’s. I had wedding rehearsal that night for Colin and Ellinor, which went really well.

Friday morning we just hung out and got ready for the wedding, which was at 1:00. It was a beautiful wedding – Ellie looked gorgeous! Can’t believe this is the same little girl who was my flower girl only a few years ago. The reception that night was fun – it was good to sit with all the Shpak kids and catch up with them.

Saturday was the highlight for our kids – Tinkertown! First we had coffee at Oma & Opa Van Beek’s house, which is a must when we go to Winnipeg. Jonathan’s grandparents are both 82 now, and not in the best health, but they love it when we come there with the kids. After lunch we headed for Tinkertown, which is an amusement park designed for younger kids. While Katie and John were both concerned that they would be too big for the rides, they had a great time running off on their own, going on the rides they wanted. That night was supper with all the relatives that were around at the Royal Fork, a local buffet. Big thanks to my inlaws for that – it was yummy!

Sunday was church in the morning, a quiet afternoon, church again at 3 and then a BBQ at Uncle Ed & Aunt Tina’s. It was fun to visit some more. The kids had a great time getting to know their little cousin Keith. I took some great pics of the kids together.

Monday morning we left Winnipeg around 10:00, stopping first at the chocolate shop for Jonathan to do his shopping. We had told the kids to let us know things they wanted to stop at and we would see what we could do. The only stop that day was in Wolsley, where we had ice cream and walked across a swinging bridge.

We spent the night in Regina at the Days Inn. After family dinner at East Side Mario’s, the kids had a lot of fun swimming. This morning we woke up, swam some more and then checked out at 11.

I had wanted to stop by the Legislature buildings in Regina just to take some pictures, but when we got there we found out we could go for a free tour! It was really cool to be able to look all over – what an amazing building!

We had hoped to stop in Moose Jaw and look around, but unfortunately it was just raining and raining. We did stop in Medicine Hat at the World’s Largest Teepee for a few minutes, but that was about it for this afternoon.

Right now I’m downloading 890 pictures from my camera, so I’ll post some when I’ve gone through them. Right now I’m going to wait for the washing machine to finish and then go to bed.